Project resource management addresses the processes and functions needed to make most effective use of people involved with projects while project communications management addresses the need to ensure timely and appropriate development and dissemination of information. Each is inherently connected and reliant on the other in today’s project environment. Both are concerned with the assurance that the project includes the right people and that the people have the right information at the right time. In addition, both are concerned with the inclusion in the project of the processes required to ensure that the project will satisfy the needs for which it is undertaken.
This course provides accepted and proven principles and techniques for the management of human resources and communications in projects to assure project success in terms of schedule, cost, quality, and stakeholder satisfaction.
This course should be attended by practicing project managers, project team members, functional managers and supervisors, owners, contractors, suppliers and support personnel involved with the implementation and control of projects.
The purpose of this course is to provide accepted and proven principles and techniques for the management of resources, stakeholders, and communications in modern project management.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Establish roles and responsibilities for team members
- Select and develop project teams
- Understand project manager core competencies
- Determine communication requirements and needs
- Develop communication plans
- Increase communication skills
- Organizational Planning and Design
- Staff Acquisition
- Project Management Culture
Project Team Issues
- Team Development
- Human Dimensions of Projects
- Motivation and Leadership Theories
- Conflict and Stress Management
- Communicating and Communication Plans
- Communications Planning
- Information Distribution
- Performance Reporting
- Administrative Closure
- Dimensions of Communicating
- Verbal and Written Communications
- Project Meetings
This course is included in the following tracks at a discounted rate if purchased as a part of a track:
This course addresses the following knowledge areas of the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide)
Project Resource Management
Project Communications Management