This course will cover project quality management, which are the activities done to ensure the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken. The Quality Management processes from the This course will cover project quality management, which are the activities done to ensure the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken. The Quality Management processes from the Project Management Institute (PMI)® A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) will be presented including inputs, key tools and techniques, and outputs. The definition of quality will be reviewed along with key terms such as grade versus quality, and precision versus accuracy. The evolution in quality thinking over the last 100 years will be explained. The cost of quality will be described including the cost of conformance and nonconformance. The five key elements of a quality policy will be reviewed. The difference between quality assurance and quality control will be presented, including the ownership for quality. A major focus of this course will be the seven basic quality tools, with an emphasis on how to apply these quality tools to projects. This course includes examples of project quality tools and exercises using the most common quality tools.
This course will help Portfolio, Program and Project Managers, Business Analysts, functional managers, and other project team members responsible for managing quality on projects.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the definition of quality
- Describe the quality management processes
- Explain the key elements of a quality policy
- Describe the difference between quality assurance and quality control
- Develop a quality plan for a project
- Use the seven basic quality tools
Module 1: Quality Processes
- Quality Basics
- Quality Planning
- Exercise 1: Who Are Our Quality Customers?
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Quality Management Processes
Module 2: Quality Tools
- Seven Basic Quality Tools, Cause-and-Effect Diagram
- Exercise 2: Use a Cause-and-Effect Diagram
- Flowcharts and Check Sheets
Module 3: Seven Basic Quality Tools
- Exercise 3: Develop a Check Sheet
- Pareto Diagrams, Histograms, Control Charts, Scatter Diagrams
- Additional Quality Tools
- Exercise 4: Force Field Analysis
- Exercise 5: Quality Plan
- Additional Quality Concepts
This course addresses the Quality Management knowledge areas of the Project Management Institute (PMI)® A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).